In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Ever Merciful…
It has recently been discovered that American preacher Khalid Yasin has been teaching Yusuf Estes’ modern rehashing of the ancient disbelief of some of the Jahmiyyah sects of old, that the mushaf is NOT Quran, saying that Allah did not drop some pages from the sky, etc.
Here are the exact words of Khalid Yasin, in response to the question, “Is it true that the Prophet -sallallahu alayhe wa sallam- plagiarized the Quran from the Bible?”
First of all, how many Muslims here know where the Quran is at? Where is the Quran? You know, the Quran is not mushaf, you know, the mushaf means the pages. Mushaf means that which is written on pages. Is that correct?
The Quran came from Allah. Allah -subhanahu wa ta’ala- says: “Wa Anzalnal-Quran” – didn’t He say that? “Wa anzalnal-Quran” – What does that mean? “And We sent down the Quran.” So what – Allah dropped some pages from the sky!? [light laughter from the audience] No! The revelation was brought down to the Prophet -sallallahu alayhe wa sallam- from… where? From Bayt al-Ma’moor. From Bayt al-Ma’moor! Allah -subhanahu wa ta’ala-, the Quran is with Allah -subhanahu wa ta’ala- long before the heavens and the earth was even created.
And Allah, he held the Quran, and He sent other Revelations, and He sent other Prophets, until Muhammad -sallallaahu alayhe wa sallam- came. Then Allah, he started sending the Quran to seal it all up…
Source: A video clip entitled: “Did Muhammad plagiarize the Qur’an from the Bible?” uploaded to YouTube on June 25, 2013. [ YouTube | SafeShare ]
1. There is a new group emerging who test Muslims with Jahmite deviance. They ask about the location of the Quran: “Where is the Quran?” The Prophet (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace) used to test the people by asking them, “Where is Allah?” This new group asks, “Where is the Quran?” (intending to negate what is in the mushaf!) Yusuf Estes tests the people with this same question when cornered about his false beliefs. [ Example: YouTube | SafeShare ]
2. What is written in the mushaf IS INDEED the Quran by total ijmaa’ (scholarly consensus) of Ahlus-Sunnah. The early scholars of Islam considered people who oppose this essential belief in Islam to be disbelievers. It is no light matter at all. If this is not clear to you, take the time to read the book: “The Written Mushaf is Actually the Quran.” [PDF]
3. “Did Allah drop some pages from the sky?” No, sometimes the Quran was revealed from Jibreel to Muhammad as a recitation. Sometimes, it was revealed directly to his heart. Sometimes, it was even revealed directly from Allah to the Prophet (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace) without Jibreel as an intermediary. None of this negates that what is written in the mushaf is the Quran, by way of complete consensus. To mockingly ask, “So Allah dropped some pages from the sky?” is disrespectful speech about the Book of Allah, which only supports the corrupt beliefs of the Jahmiyyah.
4. Jahmite beliefs are spreading today among popular speakers in America. This proves how essential websites like this one really are. Those who mistakenly doubted the importance of our efforts are humbly invited to reconsider their stance.
5. The one who calls to misguidance shares the sinful burden of all those who follow him. If Khalid Yasin picked up this deviation from Yusuf Estes, then Yusuf Estes bears the sinful burden of all the Jahmite teachings of Khalid Yasin and their horrible effects on the Muslims, without the burden of Khalid Yasin being lightened at all. This, while Yusuf Estes has already been drowning in accountability for his own misguided teachings to millions of people.
The Prophet (may Allah raise his rank and grant him peace) said:
ومن دعا إلى ضلالة، كان عليه من الإثم مثل آثام من تبعه، لا ينقص ذلك من آثامهم شيئا
“And whoever calls to misguidance shall bear the sinful burden of it on behalf of all those who follow him, without taking anything at all away from their burden.” [Saheeh Muslim #2674]
6. “Wa Anzalnal-Quran – didn’t He say that?” We do not actually find the phrase “wa anzalnal-Quran” in the Quran, sorry.
Since this mistake was done in public, and it has spread to the public further through YouTube, the correction must be made public. Shaykh Saalih al-Fowzaan was asked: “Is it from the way of the Salaf that if a preacher makes a mistake and/or opposes the methodology of the Salaf in front of the people that their mistakes and errors should be spread in writings via electronic media?”
If his statement has been spread among the people (publicly), it is incumbent to spread the refutation against him, so that the truth is clarified to the people. However, if his statement has not become widespread, then it is enough to (privately) advise him.
Source: [Arabic Source] | [English Translation]
We hope and pray that Khalid Yasin will recognize this error and retract it openly, returning back to the correct beliefs of the Book and the Sunnah as understood by the Companions. May Allah give him success.
And Allah knows best. May He raise the rank of His Prophet and grant him peace.
Written by: Moosaa Richardson
If you know Khalid Yasin’s email, please post it in a comment here. We will not publish it. We will only use it to contact him directly about this mistake in sha’ Allah.
It would probably have been better if he had just quoted Qur’an saying:
وَأَنزَلْنَا إِلَيْكَ الْكِتَابَ بِالْحَقِّ مُصَدِّقًا لِّمَا بَيْنَ يَدَيْهِ مِنَ الْكِتَابِ وَمُهَيْمِنًا عَلَيْهِ
[Sura Al-Ma’ida 5:48] To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety
This verse alone seems to answer the question…and Allah alone knows best.
Of course, by quoting this ayah, one would have to mention the word ‘kitab’.