In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Ever Merciful…
According to the traditional Muslim beliefs of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jamaa’ah, lying is a horrible sin that nullifies a person’s credibility and leads him on a path toward the Hellfire. It is the dangerous Khawaarij Sect who believe that lying, like other major sins, takes a Muslim outside of the fold of Islam.
- According to Ahlus-Sunnah, a liar is a sinner whose testimony and narrations are not acceptable.
- According to the Khawaarij Sect, a liar is a disbeliever outside of Islam.
Of which belief is controversial American preacher Yusuf Estes? We will allow him to speak for himself:
In Islam, the first thing you need to know is: We are commanded by Allah to tell the truth. If we don’t tell the truth, we can go to Hell forever. Now you might not realize how valuable this is by the way, but to the one that’s not Muslim, he doesn’t realize how much we value the truth, and that we would rather die than lie, because this is very bad in Islam – to be a liar. A kaathib, a liar, this is not acceptable, he’ll never go to Paradise.
This is yet another case of an unqualified preacher speaking freely and opposing basic Muslim beliefs. This website has documented many similar incidents wherein Yusuf Estes has blatantly violated traditional Islamic teachings.
This incident is especially ironic, given the number of times Yusuf Estes has been caught in outright lies against Allah, the Religion of Islam and its scholars.
- Yusuf Estes Lying on Allah.
- Yusuf Estes repeatedly claims the he never said the Quran was not a book. Here he is saying exactly that.
- Yusuf Estes claims that Allah and His Religion are not tolerant.
- Yusuf Estes claims that George Bush’s invasion of Afghanistan was justified by the Quran.
- Yusuf Estes claims that Shaykh Al-Albaanee invented Salafiyyah and calling oneself Salafi.
- Other more recent lies of Yusuf Estes.
So according to his own personal beliefs that liars will never go to Paradise, rather they will go to the Hellfire forever, Yusuf Estes has made takfeer of himself, declaring himself outside of Islam and barred himself from entering Paradise, doomed to go to Hell forever.*
Those close to Yusuf Estes who truly love him should say to him: Yusuf, have Mercy on yourself. Retract this and all your other false beliefs and seek Allah’s Forgiveness. Allah is most Gracious and Tolerant of His Creation. You previously led a life of polytheism and then Allah graciously favored you and guided you to repent. Why be arrogant and insist on all these false beliefs? Why not turn to your most Gracious and Tolerant Lord and ask Him to forgive you and guide you?
*Even though Yusuf Estes has lied numerous times claiming that we have declared him to be a disbeliever, this is simply not true. Identifying and warning against his many teachings of kufr (disbelief) does not necessitate that we declare him to be a disbeliever. May Allah guide him to truthfulness.